Times like this it’s extremely important to add value, but how do you do just that? Charles and Paige had the opportunity to lead a breakout discussion and shared 6 ways you can add value. These may surprise you!
Things you can do to add value to the leadership and organization.
1. You have to become an expert. You have to choose what you’re going to be good at and be known for being good at that thing. The events business, we’re all trying to do everything, and you’re wearing multiple hats, but really when it comes to leadership, they are looking to us to be good at something. Find the thing your good at and go really really deep.
How do you become great, you become great by doing it more than everyone else.
2. Educate yourself. If you’re going to be an expert you need to educate yourself. What are you doing on a daily basis to put good knowledge in your mind? I challenge you to be more deliberate.
3. Find a mentor. You think every turn is going to have something new, no doubt. There are people who have encountered this before you.
4. Get experience through time. Not actual time but number of reps doing that thing.
5. Innovate. Don’t innovate for innovation’s sake. But innovate cause your industry needs it. The only way you can innovate is to have white space in your mind.
6. Don’t be afraid of your crazy ideas. We are constantly afraid of being judged and we are used to the word no. It’s scary. People love great ideas.