This week is a real treat! Brad Lea sat down and shared with us practical things to do during this pandemic and how we can use it to grow. Listen as he shares 5 pro tips and more.
What is Lightspeed VT?
A web based interactive training system used by a lot of different companies. 20 years ago I was running a car dealership, I took a lot guy making minimum wage brought him upfront and taught him to sell. I was very good at teaching, ultimately showed him how to do it. I watched his whole life transform. I decided at that time, I want to help other people learn to make money. I quit my job and started a training company. When I went out on the road I discovered, it wasn’t as effective and I couldn’t figure out why. I was saying the same thing, doing the same thing. When I started to do the comparison I realized there is four key ingredients to train people. 92% of companies are unaware of this, it’s been my mission to get the knowledge to the people who need it. Light speed is a platform, technology that allows me to create interactive content, deliver, track and measure it online 24/7.
1. Good Content
When I was on the road I was giving the good content but I wasn’t there long enough to give the repetition. I went in and said what I normally say, problem is I didn’t do the other three: Repetition, Practice, and accountability. I realized there had to be another way to do this where I wasn’t traveling living out of a suitcase. People were paying me $10,000 to teach their sales team, once I realized it wouldn’t work I invented light speed. A web based interactive training platform. Ultimately I can emulate what I would have done in real life.
I believe people fail because they don’t have the right information. The reason people go out of business is because they don’t have the right information. My whole mission in life, because I have the tool to do so, is to get the knowledge from the people who have it to the people who need it.
Are your attendees able to pause and ask questions? Or take polls?
It does a couple of things.
1. We can live stream to where people can interact like we are doing on this call.
2. You can create interactive content that is on demand. Meaning they can’t ask you a question because you may be sleeping, but there are discussion boards and chat windows.
3. It allows leaderboard gamification.
If you created an interactive course, it’s meant to be on demand, it’s learning, being tested, role playing and practicing the information. Of course the system is tracking that. The only way to ask a question is in the discussion board.
As a sales person, what can I be doing now (Amid COVID-19) to get a head start?
Ultimately, my recommendation to anybody in the world today, is to pivot or make adjustments. If you sell events and there are not any, you’re not going to sell any. You need to switch or provide a solution. In the sales world, train, practice your skills, get really good while your quarantined, and just skill up. But adjust. Online is where it’s at. Take some of the money you have and ear mark it, don’t call it spend, call it invest. Invest in something currently so you can make money online. That’s what we do. Maybe you have to lower your price. During a rough time like this, if you have knowledge, if you were to bottle that, put it into a training system and give people access it, you could have people paying for that.
Yeah I keep seeing ads for E-learning. What a great time to be offering E-learning.
A lot of times, I talked to someone who had a system but didn’t have content yet. Now his office is closed and he says he can’t do anything. I said open a zoom, hit record, say what you do, hit stop. That is a chapter. Now download that. Boom do it again. Literally with a zoom subscription you can make content. It’s not going to be pretty but now people are not concerned with pretty.
You have 2 years of podcasts and each contain information. Ultimately what I did was hire someone to go back through and take bullet point notes out of, I call it the nuggets. There is a lot of information and next thing you know I built a syllabus and curriculum. Even if I sell to you or not, we’re going to build a relationship. If you literally have confidence, and you understand what you are doing and your product, you’re not going to have a problem, you’re just going to work remote. If you’re selling something that’s not selling. Don’t fret, just shift, adapt.
People are using this to chill and others using it to make it their time to get ahead. Aside from the self betterment, what are things we can be doing to come out the other side in a position to be more successful?
I’d work on mindset. With the right attitude the whole world gets better.
1. One of the things I teach my people is gratitude. A lot of people are panicking, complaining. At the end of the day, I wake up every morning, I open my eyes and think how grateful I am to get another day. I’m 51 now, that’s getting more true everyday.
If I just pretend this wasn’t going on. If I gave you both 5 million each, would anything for the next couple of days or weeks bother you much? No the petty things would go away. If I said I’ll give you the 5 million but you can’t wake up tomorrow, neither of you would want the 5 million. What you realized, is the day you opened your eyes is better than getting 5 million dollars. If you believe that, when you open your eyes in the morning you should be that excited. You just got something more valuable than 5 million dollars.
2. Confidence. People don’t realize subconsciously they don’t like themselves. They have an ego and walk around like they’re cool and love themselves, they don’t. They hate themselves and deep down they don’t understand it. They don’t understand why every decision they make is steering them to nowhere. Overtime our subconscious says this person doesn’t deserve to win and it affects your decisions. This is how you correct it.
1. Forgive and apologize to yourself.
2. Commit to do what you say you’re going to do. If you don’t do this it could have the opposite affect. You are the one’s controlling yourselves.
3. Get up and set 10 small goals. You’re trying to win. Your mind doesn’t know the difference between winning big or winning small. Set 10 small baby goals and hit them. It starts to replace the information in your subconscious. You can’t erase you replace.
4. Block out negative people
5. Continuously improve everyday.
How do we care less about what people think?
Repair your confidence. The reason I don’t care what you have to say is because your opinion is none of my business. I am not worried about what you think of me. I want you to like me but if you don’t that’s ok. If got online everyday and talked trash about meeting planners, all the meeting planners are not going to like me. Do I want them to like me if I don’t like them? No. They would all stop watching me, stop talking to me. That’s what you want. I’m using that to make a point. Most people are afraid the hate they can’t see the love. Just be authentic.
What kind of hope can you give the audience?
This too shall pass. Humans’ first instinct is to survive. You’re going to survive. Sometimes you have to be uncomfortable to grow.
In the morning the Million dollar morning
1. Wake up grateful
2. Focus 15 minutes on your health
3. 15 Minutes on your money
4. Read a book 15 minutes
Twitter: The Meeting Minds